Monday, February 8, 2010

favorite

My mother asked me a little while ago what my favorite feeling was. I still cannot give an absolute answer, but I have decided that this might be the closest thing...
It's not this place itself that I love so much. It is the essence that fills it. My woods is my favorite feeling. When the cold wind blows through and sends every leaf rustling with chills...
That's what I love. The sunshine screening through the green canopy in spring and summer. The versatile stage of color that sings throughout the fall. The gentle mists that rest so near to the floor in the rain.
Its the memories hidden in each tree ring.... or not so hidden.So many memories.

2 comments:

Annie Mae said...

When we lived on the edge of the forest wild...

Unknown said...

So very pretty...