Monday, August 23, 2010

Nearly ready for the swing...

Here I am again, on the edge of another school year. When this time comes around, I feel like I start sucking college aspirations through a straw too fast, which then causes mild brain freeze and a tingling imagination. I've started forming ambitious plans to spend all my time making art, learning enough math to graduate, and, of course, working out everyday while managing a full college class load and time with family and friends.
Piece. Of. Cake.
Along with those goals for the year, it's the classic story: I must form my portfolio, apply to X amount of colleges, and graduate in spring knowing exactly what I'm doing. Easy! :)
I love a good life challenge.

This Friday, I leave for a drive to Minnesota. Ten days with big skies, thunderheads, and rolling hills. If there is any way to clear the head before I make my way through the forest, that is how. I'm going to take this time to truly rest while still making accomplishments.
MN goals:
  • Finish Emma and at least start Sense and Sensibility
  • Draw a good bit of everything while on the trip. This is my art excursion.
  • Learn to drive stick. Yes, I'm going there. It will be done!
  • Spend time with the Lord as often as I can. His goals for me are far better than any I could make, and I trust Him for the path I should take.
Goals are fun. Goals are neat. I love goals.- The little senior sang.

I feel a theme coming on...

1 comment:

Kaitie said...

Oh Abbie, driving stick is not so difficult. I have confidence that you will master it. :)

Sense and Sensibility is such a good book. It is definitely one of my top Austen novels.