Sunday, March 1, 2009

That Face


When I decide to paint somebody, I always look for the face that says who they are. I often times watch people specifically to find that one look, whether it is disgust, curiosity, or just a quirky smile. Besides tone, temperature, and overall makeup of a painting, I try to bring that person to life in the picture (Well, obviously). In a way, I want their personality to scream out of the painting.
I find it easier to see these "character faces" with older people. Maybe it is because they themselves already have an idea of who they are. Maybe it is because they have more lines.
This was just one of those faces.
Comical. Oblivious. A bit Sad.
Perfect.

I did this painting last year. I didn't get to spend much time on it, so I would like to do it again someday.

No comments: