Monday, October 20, 2008

Mad Hatter Tea Party!

Oh, the night was grand! I did drink a bit of tea and the food was delightful, but the best part was all the people there. Highlighted conversations included Kris Riggio, Mary Harris, and Jamie Spiro. Kris told a few of his wonderful adventures in Europe. This was the first I had seen of him since the day before he had left. It was good to see him. Mary Harris, whom I had had a small (very small) conversation with a year before at the Spiro 80's party, Lisa, and I had a brilliant talk about simply everything. Jamie's stories are told so well, I never mind hearing them again and again.
I wish that everyone would dress like we all did at the party all the time. It was funky. brave. unabashed by what others would think. Nobody cared about protocol with their clothing. And I liked that.

I thought of something this week. I don't know where else I could say it, so I'll say it here:

Inspiration to constriction: The Arts to Mathematics
Even in these polar opposites, is there a parallel?
The Answer: Perspective
Isn't this poetically just?

With that, I bid you adeu.

No comments: