Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ah... the thrift store

I'm getting ready for tcl and I found some must-haves at our trusty goodwill. So exciting. I got some pants to work in, a sun glasses case from the disney animal kingdom, Sarah Harmer's (my forever fave artist) cd I have been looking for, the coolest celtic pouch ever, and a very special pair of shoes.......
When I was about 8 years old, I loved spiderman more than anything, but I hated buying shoes. They never fit right. They either slipped around or were too tight or were just REALLY ugly. But one day I found the perfect shoe...
It was Tough.
Sleak.
Fast.
And it had webbing.
These were the coolest shoes ever.


I had them in all black with white webs!
3.99$ and they are mine again
I fell in love again.
Same shoes. My size. Same Peter Parker attitude.

I think the Lord knew I was not doing well in the heat (100 million degrees. I swear.) and I was stressing too much, because he brought me good things today. Along with my thrifty purchases, a free vivanno and an upgrade to a venti ice tea came from my second home- Starbucks.

Oh, thank goodness the Lord loves me.

1 comment:

Annie Mae said...

I second that thought! "That goodness the Lord loves me!" I can't wait to see your new shoes.