Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Oh My.

Here I am. Tan, bruised, scraped, battered, and all together exhausted.
I think back on the last week and I'm "quite speechless, yes, quite speechless, and I have not yet stopped talking about it since."- Ms. Bates

This week at Lakeside Bible Camp was exactly what it had to be. Every part was so put together (by the Lord, I'm sure.) and sogood for me, but If not for certain people being there, including all my siblings, I may not have held up well.
Sometimes things hurt.
On the inside. it hurt.
On the outside. It hurt.
Camp is a training ground for dealing with people. For almost a week, one is completely enveloped in nine other peoples lives, all girls in my case. Every emotion, every scrape against the grain, every discomfort is felt so intensly. But I am so thankful for all of it! As from every year at camp, I learned to be more patient, caring, and respectful than I had been before. What a glorious place to learn and grow!

Ten High notes of Camp:
  • My cabin leader and lovely friend, Erica. I needed her this week. It's like we strangely knew one another quite well right away. I love her to death.
  • Talks on the dock with Emily while she "worked." ;)
  • Good earth tea, brought to me by Cassidy. What a sweetie.
  • The Clown Costume Burning. What's going on?
  • "Let me."
  • Bible teaching from John Glock. So many verses, so many delicious words of the Lord!
  • Prom night. Ah-ha. Tyrell, what a lovely date you were.
  • Lisa's face when I needed encouragement.
  • Sunshine all week!!!
  • At least 6 people I know of getting saved for the first time, Learning through difficulty, And the Lord knowing what he is doing!!! (3 in 1. I know)
What a week!

Six days now until I leave for tcl. I don't quite know why I'm leaving or what I'm doing. I think I'm crazy to ask for more. Start praying for me now.

Peace be with you.
-abigail

2 comments:

splatter's film blog said...

I will pray, dearest wondering Abigail of mine. You are precious to me.

Cassidy said...

Just stumbled upon your blog...so fun to see my name here. :]
Love you, sweet girl.