Thursday, April 8, 2010

Eight

Today I went without shoes. I walked the pavement, the classrooms, and the cement steps on just my feet. I had a few friends join me, and many more around the world joined for the same cause. We did it voluntarily for people around the world who don't have a choice. Truthfully, it wasn't so hard for one day (granted, a little cold at lows of 44 degrees), but, of course, I had shoes to go back to.
Many people don't.
Many children can't attend school because they are not allowed without shoes.
Many men, women, and children have diseases and infections they get from not wearing shoes.

Someone said to me that this point could be made just as a statement. I don't need to go bearfoot for this, but I didn't do this for a statement. I did it to show I care. I did it so others can be aware. I did it for myself. To Learn. To Soften.



I'm inspired by them.

No comments: